You have come to www.manzac.com, a website for three traditional, luxury self-catering holiday "gites" in the truly spectacular, peaceful and relaxing countryside of the Ariege in SW France.
Click here to return to the Home Page for more information on this special holiday location in SW France
WHAT WE OFFER
* Spectacular centre location with extremely competitive rates.
* Excellent quality accommodation for groups of up to fourteen people.
* Flexible catering - depending on your requirements and budget
* Airport transfers or link up with European Bike Express in Toulouse.
* Great cycling country to suit all levels of experience and fitness.
* Advice on local routes with accompanying route maps.
* Secure overnight storage for bikes.
* For those who want it, 1 day Domestique support for a Tour de France stage in the Pyrenees, such as St Gaudens to Plateau de Beille. (Stage 14 on the 2011 Tour) or Limoux to Foix (Stage 14 on the 2012 Tour)
* Cycle maintenance back-up from experienced English speaking cyclist. (payable at time of use as required)
* Local cycle hire. (Payable at time of hire as required)
Transport to Manzac d'en Bas for you and your bike
There are three options for getting yourself and your bike to us :-
* Self drive
* By bus using our preferred carrier - European Bus Express (EBE).
For flying and self drive please visit our page 'Travelling to Manzac' (link below) for all the options available to you.
Click here for 'Travelling to Manzac' page
Whether you come by air or bus, we will provide the necessary transfers to Manzac d'en Bas using our minibus and trailer.
If you intend to use EBE, please visit their website for full details of what they offer, timetables, rates etc.
Click here for the website for European Bike Express - coach transport to France for you and your bike from Britain
THE TOUR DE FRANCE
Every year, in the middle of July, Le Tour de France enters the Pyrenees for the gruelling mountain stages they present. Manzac d'en Bas provides the ideal location from which to go and see the Peleton as it passes through the local countryside or the mountain climbs, normally within 1.5 hours max of Manzac, depending on the stage route - a great opportunity to experience the excitement of this unique event and to see first hand what these cyclists actually have to do during the climbs - the TV doesn't really show how steep these climbs are in reality!
The Tour Peleton passing through the Grotte de Mas d'Azil, 15 minutes from Manzac d'en Bas in 2010.
The Tour de France 2012
In 2012, the Tour passes near Manzac on Sunday 15th July (Stage 14) and Monday 16th July (Stage 15). Stage 14 is from Limoux in the Aude (near Carcassonne) to Foix, about 30 minutes from Manzac d'en Bas with two mountain climbs about an hour from here, including the Mur de Péguère with sections of climb of 14% !! (Not called the 'Mur' (wall) for nothing!) Stage 15 starts at Samatan, about an hour from Manzac in the Gers.
For those who would like to complete Stage 14 of the 2012 Tour, this could be the stage on which we would provide 'domestique' support.
Click here for details of Stage 14 (Limoux to Foix) in the 2012 Tour de France
Click here for the official Tour de France website 2012
Click here for the official Tour de France website 2011
Click here to return to the Home page